On Your Side: Saving on tax preps
Tax day is right around the corner and if you haven’t filed yet, FOX8 On Your Side’s Melissa Painter has some helpful tips that will help save you some cash!
- For discounts on at-home tax prep, from Turbo Tax to Quicken to H&R Block`s diy software, click www.retailmenot.com. They have coupons that can save you as much as 30%!
- New customers at Jackson Hewitt can save $50 off what you paid last year at www.jacksonhewitt.com.
- If you have an accountant who works for herself, ask if she`s running any specials. Some accountants will give you discounts if you send them new clients.
- If you make less than $57,000 a year, the IRS will help you prepare and file your return for free. Find out how on the IRS website, www.irs.gov/uac/Free-File:-Do-Your-Federal-Taxes-for-Free.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home