On Your Side: Saving on tax preps
Tax day is right around the corner and if you haven’t filed yet, FOX8 On Your Side’s Melissa Painter has some helpful tips that will help save you some cash!
- For discounts on at-home tax prep, from Turbo Tax to Quicken to H&R Block`s diy software, click www.retailmenot.com. They have coupons that can save you as much as 30%!
- New customers at Jackson Hewitt can save $50 off what you paid last year at www.jacksonhewitt.com.
- If you have an accountant who works for herself, ask if she`s running any specials. Some accountants will give you discounts if you send them new clients.
- If you make less than $57,000 a year, the IRS will help you prepare and file your return for free. Find out how on the IRS website, www.irs.gov/uac/Free-File:-Do-Your-Federal-Taxes-for-Free.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting