Breezy and cold again across the Piedmont
Tuesday will be breezy and cold again with a few bursts of snow possible through the day.
Skies will remain mostly cloudy and temperatures will be well below normal, topping out at 50 degrees.
The normal high temperature for this time of the year is 64 degrees.
Winds between 12 and 16 mph will make it feel like the lower-40s into Tuesday afternoon.
Tuesday night, skies will become mostly clear and lows will dip to near 30 degrees by daybreak Wednesday. Winds will be lighter, so we’ll at least be spared a bitter wind chill overnight.
Starting Wednesday, loads of sunshine will dominate our skies and the weather will remain dry.
High pressure slowly eases into the eastern end of the country for the second half of the week, so highs are expected to gradually climb through the lower 50s and into the mid-50s by Friday.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault