Rockingham County Youth Services facility found vandalized
Images of the reported vandalism at the Rockingham County Youth Services (The Rockingham County Sheriff's Office)
WENTWORTH, N.C. — Deputies said they are investigating a case of vandalism after the back door of the Rockingham County Youth Services was found broken on Monday.
Officials with the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office said an employee found the door broken at 355 County Home Road with glass shattered across the ground.
Authorities said the facility’s mailbox was also knocked over. They said there were no damages of thefts inside the building.
Deputies said they believe the vandalism happened at around 5 p.m. Friday. They said they were informed about the incident at 8 a.m. Monday.
No information on any potential suspects was released. Deputies did release photos of the damage pictured above.
The facility is used to provide counseling for school-aged youth and their families, according to the Rockingham County website.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information can call Sheriff Detective Mary Jane Webb at (336) 634-3238 or Rockingham County Crimestoppers at (336) 349-9683.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave