Pelham firefighters remember one of their own killed in accident
REIDSVILLE, N.C.– Reidsville Police say 50-year-old Anthony Nunnally was riding his bicycle on Barnes Street Friday afternoon, when Richard Norwood hit him from behind.
Nunnally was a firefighter with the Pelham Volunteer Fire Department for 20 years. Ray Durham is a firefighter and has known Nunnally since the day he joined.
“I always called him a brother because he was just good,” explains Durham.
The fire department told FOX8 the reason Nunnally joined the department was to help people. Nunnally’s fellow firefighters still can’t believe their friend is gone.
“I was just shocked. I couldn’t believe that had happened and what had happened,” says Durham.
Reidsville Police say Nunnally was not wearing a helmet and couldn’t comment how fast Norwood was driving.
Nunnally had two kids, a 9-year-old and a 13-year-old.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK