Businesses targeted in weekend break-ins in Rockingham County
REIDSVILLE, N.C. — Deputies say two businesses were targeted in a set of weekend break-ins in Rockingham County.
Surveillance cameras captured an image of a suspect vehicle sought in connection with one of the break-ins, which occurred late Saturday night or early Sunday morning at 220 Sweepstakes at 9601 U.S. Highway 220 in Stoneville.
Deputies say they responded to the business shortly after 3:45 a.m. When they arrived, they found the building had been broken into. The owner of the business told deputies a white, 50-pound fireproof safe had been stolen, but the safe was empty. The value of the safe is $50.
The suspect vehicle was recorded by the business’s surveillance equipment, but it had no apparent connection to the second break-in.
The second break-in was reported around 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Hall Well and Plumbing at 2433 Flatrock Road in Reidsville.
Deputies say several large spools of plumbing wire were stolen from the business. The owner of the business told deputies the estimated value of the stolen wire is $2,950. The theft is believed to have occurred between 11 p.m. Friday and 1:30 p.m. Saturday, deputies said.
Anyone with information about either theft is asked to call the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office at (336) 634-3232.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave