Baby left with note while mom shopped
A photo of a baby left with a note inside a locked car went viral after it was posted on Facebook over the weekend.
The incident happened in New Zealand where a mother left her baby inside a locked car with a note taped to the newborn that read:
“My mum’s in doing the shopping, call her if I need anything.”
The note included the mother’s cell phone number.
A passerby snapped a photo of the note and called the mother. The photo ended up on Facebook, where it went viral.
New Zealand law says its illegal for a child under the age of 14 to be left alone “for an for an unreasonable time or in unreasonable conditions” and could result in a $2,000 fine.
Read more: WPIX
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault