Victim identified in possible drowning in Davidson County
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — Authorities are investigating a possible drowning near a Davidson County home on Saturday.
Davidson County officials said the body of 36-year-old Tim Strickland was found after they were dispatched to a residence at 2730 Regan Road at 10:35 a.m.
Authorities said Strickland had been missing for about a week before being recovered.
Family members said they found the body in a creek behind a residence where the victim occasionally stayed.
Deputies said they do not suspect foul play. They said the body will be sent for an autopsy.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k