Triad’s unemployment rate reaches double digits again
The Triad reached double-digit unemployment during January at 10.2 percent, the Winston-Salem Journal reports.
The rate jumped 0.8 percentage points from December. It was at 10.1 percent in January 2012.
The primary reason for the sharp increase is data driven, related to a federally mandated benchmarking of the 2012 N.C. employment figures required by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Read more at the Winston-Salem Journal
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child