Triad’s unemployment rate reaches double digits again
The Triad reached double-digit unemployment during January at 10.2 percent, the Winston-Salem Journal reports.
The rate jumped 0.8 percentage points from December. It was at 10.1 percent in January 2012.
The primary reason for the sharp increase is data driven, related to a federally mandated benchmarking of the 2012 N.C. employment figures required by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Read more at the Winston-Salem Journal
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old