Powerball jackpot soars to $320 million for Saturday’s drawing
This weekend, Powerball players have the chance to win a $320 million jackpot if taken as an annuity or $198.3 million if taken as a lump sum. The drawing marks the largest jackpot of 2013 and the largest since the Nov. 28, 2012 when the jackpot was $587.5 million.
The Saturday, March 16 drawing produced 32,408 winning tickets ranging from $4 to $10,000, totaling $234,623. The Wednesday, March 20 drawing produced 36,620 winning tickets with prizes from $4 to $10,000 for a total of $268,292.
Since Thursday, March 14, players of N.C. Education Lottery games won more than $19.7 million in prizes with more than $15.7 million awarded to winners of instant scratch-off games. Players of North Carolina draw games Pick 3, Pick 4 and Cash 5 won more than $3.3 million in total prizes.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave