Flu took a heavy toll on children this season
The flu has killed 105 children this season, USA TODAY reports.
Last year was a very mild year for the flu–34 children died. This year the deaths were more in line with a typical year. According to the report, in the 2003-2004 season, 153 children died. Officials say though the flu season is winding down, it’s not over.
Of the children who died, 90% had not been vaccinated against the flu.
Read more at USA TODAY
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault