Deputy shot at Gaston County gun range during training
GASTON COUNTY, N.C. —A Gaston College student was accidentally shot at the police department’s shooting range, according to WSOC.
The student is also a Gaston County sheriff’s deputy going through basic law enforcement training at the college.
According to the report, police said the student was shot in the stomach around 4 p.m. Friday at the range on Tulip Drive. The student was taken to Gaston Memorial Hospital.
Read more at WSOC
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants