Probation officer found dead in his office in Dobson
A probation officer was found dead in his office Wednesday morning in Dobson, the Winston-Salem Journal reports.
According to the report, the body of James Matty of Dobson was discovered by a maintenance crew around 7:30 a.m. in the old courthouse building at 114 West Atkins St. Police Chief Sean Myers of Dobson said Matty, 48, had been shot with a .40-caliber handgun.
The State Bureau of Investigation is assisting Dobson police with the investigation, but Myers said the initial determination is that the gunshot was self-inflicted.
Read more at Winston-Salem Journal
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault