Made in NC: Colsen Keane
Scott Hofert launched Colsen Keane custom leather goods because he loved finding great bags and satchels as he traveled the world.
“I found myself working with my hands and got lost in that. Maybe, no different than an artist with a canvas or a musician with a guitar. Where my canvas was leather — my instrument was cutting out and punching and creating something in the end. I fell in love with that process”
Earlier this year, Colsen Keane was a finalist in the “Rare Craft Fellowship Award” sponsored by Balvenie Scotch, given to people who are keeping handcrafted traditions alive.
This week, the company moved into a new, larger studio in Charlotte.
You can find more information on their website.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault