FOX8 Reality: Kevin Harvick Web Extra
There’s one driver on a NASCAR team, but behind the scenes there are numerous mechanics who make sure the race car is ready to go at game time.
On race day, the over the wall crew jumps out in front of the race car as it comes sliding to a stop. They are tasked with changing four tires, filling up the gas tank and make any adjustments–all in under 14 seconds.
Austin Craven from High Point is the front tire carrier for the 29 Budweiser team for Kevin Harvick.
He got into racing thanks to his dad.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home