23-year-old woman killed in Winston-Salem crash
The 1100 block of Ziglar Road (Google Maps)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Police are investigating a single-vehicle crash that resulted in the death of a Winston-Salem woman.
Police say Lindsay Kae Mathis Burns, 23, of Robbins Lane, died at the scene of the crash, which was reported shortly after 7:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 1100 block of Ziglar Road.
Michael Keith Thompson, 28, of the same address as Burns, was a passenger in the 1996 Ford Explorer Burns was driving, police said. He was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to be treated for injuries that were not life-threatening.
According to police, Burns was driving the SUV north on Ziglar Road toward Bethania-Rural Hall Road when the vehicle went off the roadway.
Burns lost control of the vehicle, which then “became involved in a rollover-style crash,” police said.
The investigation is ongoing.
No other details were immediately available.
Anyone with further information about the crash is asked to call Crimestoppers at (336) 727-2800.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants