Today will be warmest of the week, but also windy
Fog is hanging around Tuesday morning, and a shallow layer of clouds will be with us through the morning commute.
A cold front is crossing North Carolina and it will scour out the clouds through midday.
Tuesday will be the warmest day on the 7-day forecast, so please get outside today and enjoy! Temperatures will recover nicely, soaring to 64 degrees as sunshine takes over.
It will be quite windy, with winds out of the west at 15 to 20 mph.
The dry, breezy conditions will keep an increased fire danger around through Tuesday afternoon.
Tuesday evening, we’ll start with mostly-clear skies, but gain a few clouds toward daybreak. Lows will be in the mid-30s.
Spring begins at 7:02 a.m. Wednesday!
Clouds will increase through the day Wednesday, which will be cooler with highs in the mid-50s.
A light shower is possible by Wednesday evening.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault