Newsmaker: Joel Landau, Deep Roots general manager
Wednesday will mark a historic day in Greensboro, as the first modern-era grocery store opens downtown.
It is something everyone agrees is crucial to the future vibrancy of the area.
Joel Landau, the store’s general manager, is running an unconventional grocery store–but he’s convinced you’ll like what you see.
The co-op currently has about 2,000 “owners”.
In the new store, Deep Roots will also sell beer and wine for the first time and will have fresh meats and seafood.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home