NC A&T to face Liberty in NCAA first round
GREENSBORO, N.C. — North Carolina A&T fans gathered Saturday to find out that the Aggies will play against Liberty after claiming the MEAC Championship on Saturday in Norfolk, Virginia.
The Aggies will play against the Flames on Tuesday in a first-round matchup in Dayton, Ohio. The winner of that game will play against the top seed team, the Louisville Cardinals.
This is the first time since 1995 NC A&T will play in the NCAA tournament.
The University said they will have a celebration for the players Monday afternoon as they travel to Dayton, Ohio.
Chancellor Harold Martin said the accomplishment of the basketball team reflects on the students and has revived the fans spirit.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview