NC A&T to face Liberty in NCAA first round
GREENSBORO, N.C. — North Carolina A&T fans gathered Saturday to find out that the Aggies will play against Liberty after claiming the MEAC Championship on Saturday in Norfolk, Virginia.
The Aggies will play against the Flames on Tuesday in a first-round matchup in Dayton, Ohio. The winner of that game will play against the top seed team, the Louisville Cardinals.
This is the first time since 1995 NC A&T will play in the NCAA tournament.
The University said they will have a celebration for the players Monday afternoon as they travel to Dayton, Ohio.
Chancellor Harold Martin said the accomplishment of the basketball team reflects on the students and has revived the fans spirit.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault