Miami beats UNC 87-77 for 1st ACC title
GREENSBORO, N.C. — No. 9 Miami beat UNC 87-77 for the program’s first Atlantic Coast Conference tournament championship to go with its first regular-season title.
Miami sophomore guard Shane Larkin scored a career-high 28 points, eight coming in the final 2½ minutes, to help Miami beat North Carolina.
Trey McKinney Jones also added a career-high 20 for the top-seeded Hurricanes.
UNC’s P.J. Hairston scored 28 points and had six of the Tar Heels’ 13 3-pointers, the most in the program’s tournament history.
Fans from all over the country packed the Greensboro Coliseum and rushed the court at the end of the buzzer.
Win or lose, both sets of fans said that Greensboro should continue to hold ACC tournaments.
Hurricane Fans from Orlando Florida say Greensboro has been so hospitable throughout the tournament it made their experience that much greater.
“We come from the hospitality capital I the world and y’all are doing just as well as we do in Orlando,” Mona Atkinson said.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home