Police: Man shot in the leg, injured in Greensboro
The 800 block of Homeland Avenue in Greensboro (Google Maps)
GREENSBORO, N.C. – A man was injured after police said he was shot in the leg near an apartment complex in Greensboro early Saturday morning.
Police said the shooting happened around 1 a.m. when the victim was standing outside in the 800 block of Homeland Avenue near College Square Apartments.
Authorities said the victim was talking to some friends when he heard gunshot wounds. He said he ran a short distance and then realized he had been shot.
Police said that two friends drove the victim to a home on Circle Drive where police were called.
The victim was taken to a hospital by EMS for non-life threatening injuries of a gunshot wound to his upper right leg, authorities said.
No suspect information was released. The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information can call Crime stoppers at (336) 373-1000.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave