BB&T climbs to 12th largest US bank
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — BB&T Corp., with $183.9 billion in total assets, climbed one spot to become the 12th largest U.S. bank, according to a quarterly report issued Friday by SNL Financial LLC.
The Winston-Salem Journal reported that BB&T’s total assets were up about $2 billion from the previous report. BB&T leads Ally Financial Inc. by $1.4 billion.
It may take BB&T a while to crack the top 10 in total assets since 11th-place TD Bank US Holding Co. has $218.9 billion.
BB&T is in 11th place in total deposits at $133.1 billion.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., which had a $27 billion increase to $2.36 trillion, stayed at the top of the list for total assets. Bank of America Corp. is second at $2.21 trillion, up $40 billion. Citigroup Inc. is third at $1.86 trillion, down $70 billion, followed by Wells Fargo & Co. at $1.42 trillion, up $50 billion.
Read more: The Winston-Salem Journal.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy