BB&T climbs to 12th largest US bank
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — BB&T Corp., with $183.9 billion in total assets, climbed one spot to become the 12th largest U.S. bank, according to a quarterly report issued Friday by SNL Financial LLC.
The Winston-Salem Journal reported that BB&T’s total assets were up about $2 billion from the previous report. BB&T leads Ally Financial Inc. by $1.4 billion.
It may take BB&T a while to crack the top 10 in total assets since 11th-place TD Bank US Holding Co. has $218.9 billion.
BB&T is in 11th place in total deposits at $133.1 billion.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., which had a $27 billion increase to $2.36 trillion, stayed at the top of the list for total assets. Bank of America Corp. is second at $2.21 trillion, up $40 billion. Citigroup Inc. is third at $1.86 trillion, down $70 billion, followed by Wells Fargo & Co. at $1.42 trillion, up $50 billion.
Read more: The Winston-Salem Journal.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault