13-page suicide note left by mom who jumped from 8th floor with baby
MANHATTAN — A New York lawyer wrote a 13-page suicide note before strapping her 10-month-old son to her chest and leaping to her death from an eighth-story window.
The baby miraculously survived with little more than scratches, according to The New York Daily News.
Bystanders were shocked when they saw the 45-year-old mother fall Wednesday afternoon.
“I wish I never witnessed that,” Steven Dominguez told CNN affiliate WPIX. “It’s disturbing, and horrible. The baby bounced off her chest onto the floor, face down and was crying. My mother tried to pick up the baby, but there was already a detective there.”
Earlier, neighbor said he heard yelling coming from the woman’s apartment before she fell.
The woman was arguing with a man, said Christian Johnson, a neighbor.
“I came home, they were arguing,” Johnson told WPIX. “I actually stopped to listen, and I heard screaming and the baby was crying. He just kept saying why wouldn’t you pick up the phone, why would you put that stress on me? Why wouldn’t you pick up the phone, why, why? He was screaming, ‘why, why’?”
CNN contributed to this report.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k