13-page suicide note left by mom who jumped from 8th floor with baby
MANHATTAN — A New York lawyer wrote a 13-page suicide note before strapping her 10-month-old son to her chest and leaping to her death from an eighth-story window.
The baby miraculously survived with little more than scratches, according to The New York Daily News.
Bystanders were shocked when they saw the 45-year-old mother fall Wednesday afternoon.
“I wish I never witnessed that,” Steven Dominguez told CNN affiliate WPIX. “It’s disturbing, and horrible. The baby bounced off her chest onto the floor, face down and was crying. My mother tried to pick up the baby, but there was already a detective there.”
Earlier, neighbor said he heard yelling coming from the woman’s apartment before she fell.
The woman was arguing with a man, said Christian Johnson, a neighbor.
“I came home, they were arguing,” Johnson told WPIX. “I actually stopped to listen, and I heard screaming and the baby was crying. He just kept saying why wouldn’t you pick up the phone, why would you put that stress on me? Why wouldn’t you pick up the phone, why, why? He was screaming, ‘why, why’?”
CNN contributed to this report.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview