Police: Teen victim punches robbery suspect after being assaulted
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Police are searching for a suspect who allegedly assaulted a 16-year-old during an attempted robbery in Winston-Salem.
According to police, the victim says he was walking his dog in a vacant grass lot on West 6th Street at North Liberty Street when the unidentified suspect walked up to him.
The victim said the suspect told him to give him money, but the victim said he had no money.
Police say the suspect then assaulted the victim with his hands. The victim and suspect “exchanged punches and wrestled,” police said.
Police say the victim ended up on top of the suspect, at which point he “punched the suspect’s face repeatedly, causing his face to bleed.”
After the victim got off of the suspect, the suspect sprinted away, police said.
The victim injured his finger during the scuffle, police said.
No weapons were displayed or used, police said.
The suspect is described as a dark-skinned black male standing 5’10″ and weighing 160 pounds with a deep voice and “recent facial injuries from being punched.” He was wearing a baggy dark hooded sweatshirt, dark jeans, brown “Timberland-type” boots, and a gold ring at the time of the incident.
Anyone with information about the incident or the suspect’s identity is asked to call Crimestoppers at 727-2800.
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting