Greensboro’s double shot weekend
GREENSBORO, N.C. –Downtown Greensboro businesses are ready for record-breaking crowds and revenue this weekend as the city will be hosting two big events: The Men’s ACC Tournament and Saint Patrick’s Day.
The Pour House on Federal Place goes big for Saint Patrick’s Day.
“The individual case count for cans was 1,200 cases of cans for tomorrow. We have 30 cases of green beer and 15 kegs of Guinness,” says John Kilgore, owner of the Pour House.
This is the first year the Pour House is planning a two-day Saint Patrick’s Day, starting with breakfast at 8 a.m. on Saturday.
Stumble Stilskins is on the corner of Market Street and Greene Street. They’ve already seen basketball fans and they’re ready for more.
“It’s going to be well over 300% on some businesses, that’s a lot of people, a lot of traffic,” says Chris Flathers, owner of Stumble Stilskins.
Businesses are doing what they can to get the out-of-towners to stay in Greensboro even if their team loses.
Greensboro Police will be out patrolling and enforcing the noise ordinance.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy