Battle re-enactment this weekend in Greensboro; roadways to be closed
2012 Battle of Guilford Courthouse re-enactment (WGHP)
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Country Park is hosting the 232nd Anniversary Commemoration of the Battle of Guilford Courthouse this weekend.
The event, which features the historic battle re-enactment, military encampments, firearms demonstrations and vendors with Colonial arts and crafts, is free and open to the public.
It will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, with the battle re-enactment slated for 2 p.m. each day.
The park is located at 3902 Nathanael Greene Drive.
As a result of the event, Old Battleground Avenue between New Garden Road and British Lakes Drive will be closed from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Greenhurst and Green Acres Lane, which links the Visitor Center on New Garden Road to the Colonial Heritage Center on the corner of New Garden and Battleground, will be closed from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
In addition, the Bark Park off-leash dog park will be closed due to the noise of the cannon and musket fire. Dogs will not be permitted in Country Park, either.
The surrounding mountain biking trails will also be closed.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave