Thomasville man accused of trying to rape juvenile
Xxavier Jonquil Green (Mugshot provided by, Thomasville Police)
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Police say a Thomasville man was arrested after he allegedly tried to rape a juvenile.
Xxavier Jonquil Green, 23, is charged with attempted first-degree statutory rape.
According to police, detectives were informed Wednesday morning that Green attempted to rape a female juvenile inside his home in the 1000 block of East Street.
Green was arrested later that afternoon at a home on Curry Street in Lexington, police said. He was also served with outstanding warrants for owing child support, police say.
The suspect was placed in the Davidson County Jail under a $500,000 secured bond.
Police say the victim was an acquaintance of the suspect’s.
Anyone with further information about the alleged incident is asked to call Crimestoppers or Thomasville police at (336) 475-4269.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k