Our Town: Blandwood Mansion
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Often times cities will tear down historic buildings to make way for expansion, but in downtown Greensboro there’s a building that connects the city with its past.
Blandwood Mansion — America’s oldest Italianate villa and the home of former Governor John Motley Morehead — is now open for tours. It was designed by Alexander Jackson Davis and completed in 1846.
For more information, visit Blandwood.org.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old