26-year-old Greensboro soldier dies of injuries suffered in Afghanistan
WASHINGTON, D.C.– Spc. David T. Proctor, 26, died at Walter Reed Medical Center from injuries sustained during a non-combat incident on March 3, according to the Department of Defense.
Spc. Proctor died while serving in Operation Enduring Freedom in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan.
He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 7th Infantry Regiment, 1st Armor Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Gerogia.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave