6th grader brings $20K to school
Police in Taylor, Mich. are investigating after a 12-year-old girl allegedly brought $20,000 cash to school in her backpack.
Taylor School District was notified Monday after the student began passing out cash to other students. She was reportedly seen giving one student $200 and another student $500.
The girl told officers she got it from a friend across the street in her neighborhood.
Police have seized the money and they’re holding it until the family who claims the cash can provide an explanation of where it came from and what it was to be used for.
Read more: WXYZ
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k