Greensboro store clerk charged with stealing winning lottery ticket
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Two people were arrested Monday after they reportedly stole winning lottery ticket from a detective.
According to warrants obtained by the Greensboro News & Record, a detective presented the ticket to 47-year-old Yogesh Jayantibhai Patel on Feb. 18 at Ken’s Quickie Mart at 305 West Main St.
A tone rang from the computer indicating the Bonus Crossword Game ticket was worth $1,000, but the suspect told the detective the ticket was worth nothing, deputies with the Guilford County Sheriff’s Office tell the News & Record.
Deputies say Yogesh Patel and 50-year-old Minaben Yogesh Patel cashed in the ticket the following day, the paper reports.
The suspects were jailed under $10,000 bonds.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting