Davidson County motorcyclist killed in crash
LEXINGTON, N.C. — Troopers say a motorcyclist from Davidson County was killed in a crash in Rowan County.
The Lexington Dispatch reports Jeffery Craver Yarborough, 61, of the Reeds community, died after the two-vehicle accident, which was reported just before 4:45 p.m. Sunday at Bringle Ferry and Providence Church roads.
First Sgt. F.C. Ferguson with the N.C. Highway Patrol tells The-Dispatch Michelle Rene Peters, 51, was driving west on Bringle Ferry Road when she tried making a left turn onto Providence Church Road.
Ferguson says Peters turned into the path of Yarborough, who was heading east on Bringle Ferry Road on a 2012 Honda motorcycle. Yarborough was thrown from the motorcycle as a result of the collision, Ferguson said.
Yarborough was traveling at about 55 mph — the posted speed limit — before the impact, The-Dispatch reports. Upon impact, he was traveling at about 45 mph, according to the paper.
Peters, who suffered minor injuries in the crash, was cited for misdemeanor death by motor vehicle, Ferguson tells The-Dispatch. A 12-year-old passenger who was inside her car was not injured.
No impairing factors are suspected in the crash.
Read more: The-Dispatch.com
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k