Greensboro Coliseum upgrades an investment for the future
No arena has hosted more ACC Tournaments than the Greensboro Coliseum. 2013 is the 24th time in the 60 year history of the league that the tournament will be played in Greensboro–and there is a reason for that.
The Coliseum opened in 1959 and was expanded in 1972 and 1993, which brought the seating capacity to 23,000.
Phase one of a $24 million upgrade was just completed with an eye on keeping the Coliseum in the regular rotation for the ACC Tournament
The upgrades were about improving the fan experience–wider cushioned seats, a new HD scoreboard, an enhanced video ring around the face of the upper deck, better speakers, renovated restrooms and the lists goes on.
The renovations are funded from an existing hotel-motel tax, so the people of the Piedmont are not burdened with an additional tax.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home