Three families displaced after fire in Winston-Salem
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Authorities said three families were displaced Sunday night after a fire at a mobile home park in Winston-Salem.
An outbuilding and three mobile homes caught fire on Baux Mountain Road.
Authorities said there were no injuries.
The Forsyth County Fire Marshall is investigating to determine what caused the blaze.
James Bennett, who lives at the park, says he heard a loud noise before he spotted the flames.
“We (were) all just sitting in the trailer and next thing I know we hear a boom and we come outside. I thought it was a gunshot and it was the building on fire,” Bennett said.
Sunday night, crews were working to restore power to the park. The power was shut off while crews were putting out fire.
Mineral Springs, Walkertown, Salem Chapel and Forsyth County fire responded to the scene.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k