Police: Burglar beaten with nunchucks in Burlington
Calvin Matthew Trollinger
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Authorities said a man who broke into a Burlington home had to be airlifted to the hospital after being beaten with nunchucks.
Burlington resident Calvin Matthew Trollinger allegedly broke into a residence in the 600 block of Dailey Street at around 3:45 p.m. Saturday and assaulted a man and a woman.
Police said the man fought back, by hitting the suspect in the head with a pair of nunchucks.
Police said when they responded to the incident they found the suspect with a laceration to the head. Authorities said the suspect was taken to UNC Hospital.
They said the victims had minor injuries which did not require medical attention. No other injuries were reported.
Police said warrants were obtained on Trollinger for first degree burglary, simple assault and assault on a female. They said the warrants will be served upon his release from the hospital.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave