Push for change in east Burlington
BURLINGTON, N.C.–The east side of Burlington feels neglected.
Homeowners have told the city their side of town doesn’t get the attention it deserves.
“It’s going down. People just don’t care anymore,” explains Jack Myatt, an east Burlington resident.
City groups are starting to formally meet with residents to hear what changes they want to see on their part of town.
“It is a lot of crime. A lot of things go on the streets over there,” explains Denice Bradley, who lives on Ireland Street.
Homeowners are relieved to see the city making an effort to clean up their side of town.
“I’m trying to hang on to my house and live here, but all this mess that goes on makes it difficult,” explains Myatt.
More than 100 people showed up to the first meeting on Thursday night.
The city is still deciding on a date for the second meeting.
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting