Windy Wednesday ahead for Piedmont
A Wind Advisory is in effect until midnight tonight. Expect sustained winds between 20 and 25 mph with gusts above 40 mph for today.
Periods of snow or a rain-snow mixture will continue for our northern and northwestern counties through midday. Very little accumulation is expected, except for the higher elevations of the mountains.
Temperatures will be chilly… in the mid-40′s for today, but with the winds it will feel like the mid-30′s. Tonight, skies will clear and temperatures will settle to near freezing. Any roads with poor drainage may have some black ice by daybreak.
Thursday marks the beginning of a fantastic weather pattern! Loads of sunshine, lighter winds, and temperatures in the lower 50′s through the end of the workweek. By the weekend, highs will be approaching 60°!
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child