Made in NC: Gerbing’s Heated Clothing
North Carolina has a long textile history, but no other company is creating its own category of clothing like Gerbing’s Heated Clothing.
Gerbing’s started out by turning out riding gear for motorcycle enthusiasts–making electric heating elements that could plug into their bike.
The company was founded near Seattle in the mid 1970′s, but moved production to Stoneville three years ago. They found a community that welcomed new jobs, and a workers who knew how to create clothing that combined style and technology…
Now, Gerbing’s turns out products for outdoor retailer Cabellas, as well as branded merchandise for Harley Davidson.
Now, they have their eyes on new areas and new customers.
You can find more information about Gerbing’s on their website.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview