Student suspended after disarming gunman
A 16-year-old Florida high school student says he was suspended for three days after he wrestled a loaded gun away from a teen, according to a report.
WFTX is reporting the student, who attends Cypress Lake High School in Fort Myers, tackled a 15-year-old boy on a school bus after he allegedly pointed the weapon at another student.
“I think he was really going to shoot him right then and there,” the student, who was not named in the report, told WFTX..
According to a document given to the student, he was suspended for his role in an “incident” where a weapon was present and was given an “emergency suspension,” the station reported.
The boy’s mother said her son was suspended because he refused to cooperate with the investigation, adding that he was scared.
The suspected gunman was arrested and charged with possession of a firearm on school property and assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill, the report states.
Read more: WFTX
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave