Push to preserve Kirkwood Neighborhood
GREENSBORO, N.C.– Greater Kirkwood Community residents want the Greensboro City Council to create a neighborhood commercial overlay, to restrict further commercial development in the area.
Homeowner Anne Hummel feels the overlay will also ensure that new homes will be similar to ones built in the 1920s and 1930s, when the community was started.
“All you have to do is look at the nco and see this where our set back will be, this is the lot width and we won’t put a garage in front.”
Homeowners against the overlay, say the city has enough rules and that additional ones are not needed.
The city council will hear both sides of the debate tonight.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old