Merinos Home Furnishings coming to Winston-Salem
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.–Merinos Home Furnishings will open a new furniture retail store at the former Hanesbrands plant on Hanes Mill Road, according to CEO Michal Bay.
“It`s a wonderful town and we are going to do wonderful things together,” said Bay who bought the 850,000 sq. foot plant last Thursday for $3.2 million. “The building has been kept in excellent condition; it’s right on the highway, good developing area, good community, good town and its growing.”
The company believes it will be one of the largest furniture retail stores in the country.
Merinos will hire between 150 to 160 employees, and will start taking applications on May 1 at 1:00 p.m. in the parking lot of the plant. Jobs will pay $10.00 per hour.
The first phase of the project will open the first week of July. The second phase will open by Christmas.
The company sells name brand furniture, and plans to sell 60 percent of furniture made in the U.S.
Merinos also converted the former Burlington Mill in Morrisville into a furniture retail store.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK