Thomas Jefferson speaks to Elon students
For over 20 years, Bill Barker has played the part of Thomas Jefferson at Williamsburg, where he takes only one view of history.
“We have to get the facts right, we have to know where these people were coming from,” he says.
With all the vitriol that seems to be engulfing the nation’s capital, it wouldn’t be surprising to find some Americans pining for the days of what they perceive as more statesman-like men, like Barker’s Thomas Jefferson.
As luck would have it, Mr. Jefferson was in the Triad on Monday, addressing students at Elon University.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home