Tanglewood will not host its own 4th of July fireworks this year
Tanglewood Park will no longer host its own 4th of July fireworks display, according to a statement from the Forsyth Co. Parks and Recreation Department.
“Forsyth County Parks & Recreation will not host its own fireworks display at Tanglewood Park due to the cost to put on the event exceeding the level of sponsorship in place,” Jazmine Kilpatrick said in the statement.
No other information was provided.
Last year, the county announced in May 2012 the fireworks celebration for 2012 was canceled because it was too expensive. However, in June 2012, the fireworks display was back on after a sponsor was secured.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child