State wrestling championships held in Greensboro this past weekend
The North Carolina High School Athletic Association state wrestling championships were held at the Greensboro Coliseum on Saturday.
Champions in 56 different divisions across the four classifications were crowned.
In the 132 pound class, Jake DeAngelo from Southern Alamance won the state championship. His brother won at 138 pounds last year. He finished the season undefeated.
Jordan Billings of Southwestern Randolph was 54-0 going into the championship match. Billings won the state championship 9-8 after winning runner-up last year.
Justin Smith, a senior at West Davidson, finished the season 30-3 and won the 2A 160-pound state championship.
In the 1A 152-pound title match, Cody Mathis of East Wilkes won the state championship.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy