Kernersville police chief placed on ‘administrative leave’
KERNERSVILLE, N.C. — Kernersville Police Chief Kenneth Gamble has been placed on administrative leave, according to Kernersville Mayor Dawn Morgan.
Morgan confirmed to FOX8 the town manager has placed Chief Gamble on two weeks of paid administrative leave.
Morgan declined to disclose the reason citing a “personnel matter.”
Gamble was cited last year after he struck two suspects with his vehicle.
Authorities said the suspects were already in custody at the side of the road when they were struck by the cruiser. The police department said officers had stopped a suspicious vehicle on a highway for a domestic issue when the suspects fled on foot and other officers were called to help.
Gamble returned to work in September.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.