Burlington man receives the gift of a kidney
BURLINGTON, NC–When Burlington native Chuck Hooper was told he’d need a new kidney, he didn’t know where he’d get one.
That’s when his wife’s best friend Lisa Porterfield volunteered her own.
Lisa passed every test until doctors determined her kidney was a perfect match for Chuck.
On February 5, the 6 hour surgery went off without a hitch.
Now both Lisa and Chuck are at home on the road to recovery.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview