Police: Decapitated roosters left on graves in Charlotte
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police said someone is leaving decapitated roosters on graves at a south Charlotte cemetery.
WSOC reported that one bird was left at York Memorial Park on Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Officials said at least two other dead roosters have been found there.
Officers said it could be part of a ritual. The investigation is ongoing and no other information was released.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child