Child dies after choking on food at day care center
KING, N.C.– A 20 month old boy died on Thursday after choking on a piece of food at a day care center in King, the Winston-Salem Journal reports.
According to the report, someone called 911 from Lucky Ducks Child Care to report that an infant was choking on food and then became unconscious.
The child was taken to Pioneer Medical Center of King, where he was pronounced dead. An autopsy indicated the boy died of accidental choking.
Read more at Winston-Salem Journal
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants