Williams Road Bridge in Lewisville to remain closed through Friday
LEWISVILLE, N.C.–The bride on Williams Road over U.S. 421 will remain closed until tomorrow, as NC DOT engineers determine the extent of the damage caused when a truck hit the bridge on Wednesday.
Engineers will determine the extent of repairs needed to fix the damage.
Motorists should take the following detours:
- Traveling south on Williams Road to U.S. 421 South: Take U.S. 421 North for 1.9 miles and get off at Exit 246/Shallowford Road.Turn left onto Shallowford Road and then turn left to access U.S. 421 South.
- Traveling north on Concord Church Road to U.S. 421 North: Take U.S. 421 South for 2.3 miles and get off at Exit 242 (I-40 West/Clemmons Tanglewood). Turn left onto Lewisville-Clemmons Road and then turn right to access U.S. 421 North.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave