Fayetteville model comes under fire for posing in blackface
Ondria Hardin in the March issue of Numero (WTVD photo)
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. –A Fayetteville model is receiving backlash after she posed in blackface for a magazine spread, WTVD reports.
16-year-old Ondria Hardin appeared in the magazine Numero’s March issue wearing what appears to be blackface with the title, “African Queen.”
Hardin’s family says she was simply doing her job and had no idea of the spread’s title.
“It is not even something that comes to light in our world. Therefore, she has no way of creating an issue because she’s never had any training for that. It’s never been a part of her lifestyle. Never been a part of her. I’m out of words,” her grandfather told WTVD.
Read more at WTVD
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview