Duke, former lacrosse players settle suit
DURHAM, N.C.–Duke University has settled a lawsuit by members of its 2005-06 men’s lacrosse team, WRAL reports.
Attorneys for the school and players notified a judge that the lawsuit was settled out of court sometime last week, though terms of the settlement were not disclosed.
The Duke lacrosse players sued the school, amid controversy that followed allegations that a stripper was raped at a team party in 2006.
The school previously reached a settlement with three players who were indicted, then cleared on rape charges.
Read more at WRAL
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview