Duke, former lacrosse players settle suit
DURHAM, N.C.–Duke University has settled a lawsuit by members of its 2005-06 men’s lacrosse team, WRAL reports.
Attorneys for the school and players notified a judge that the lawsuit was settled out of court sometime last week, though terms of the settlement were not disclosed.
The Duke lacrosse players sued the school, amid controversy that followed allegations that a stripper was raped at a team party in 2006.
The school previously reached a settlement with three players who were indicted, then cleared on rape charges.
Read more at WRAL
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it